Saturday, March 28, 2015

Let God design your path. Our minds are much too small to imagine what is possible for us

So far so good. I feel relaxed, free-er. I am not worried about “A” finding a job when she returns from England in five weeks. She informed me that she has gotten a great letter of reference from her current employer and that she is applying to hotel jobs (Social Media Coordinator) in Manhattan. She has also heard from the Girl Scout camp director asking her to come back as a project leader for the coming summer and “A” accepted, under the condition should she find a full-time job in New York before that, she would take it and not be able to work at the camp.
I am praying daily for my daughter, to be loved, guided and protected by our God, to be led to the right job and to meet the right people at the right time at the right place. During Lent, I am doing a prayer circle using Mark Batterson’s book, “Draw the Circle – The 40 Day Prayer Challenge”, and during that time have received the stern email from “A”. I actually had a feeling of relief hours before I saw what she wrote, as if a weight lifted off my shoulders before my daughter set me free. I have to understand, believe, and trust (not just say I do, but really DO) that if my daughter follows only my advice for her, she is limited by my vision. If she follows God’s plan for her life, anything is possible.
Let God design your path. Our minds are much too small to imagine what is possible for us.
 
She even dyed her hair back to "a color that would naturally grow out of peoples' heads."

No comments:

Post a Comment